A little tribute
Today isn't a good day.
Rebecca would have been 34 today and I'm finding that more and more each year, her birthday is the worst day to get through so I thought I would keep busy with one or two things including an update of my blog.
Rebecca made her entrance into the world at 9.55pm on a Sunday and what a tiny little thing she was weighing in at 5lbs 14oz. Life with her or for her wasn't easy to start with because what we didn't know, was that cystic fibrosis was lurking and causing her problems. Little did we know the extent of how her life would be shaped because of cystic fibrosis. But, I'm not going to dwell on that because to be honest my lovely girl never dwelled on it, so I'm not going to let her down by wallowing. Suffice it to say, other than in the last few months when she had no choice, she didn't let CF stop her doing anything she wanted to, she really did ignore it where she could. She was a lazy little bugger, I've never met anyone who could sleep like her and a vacuum, duster or an iron were foreign words. But if there was a holiday, a night out, a trip off or a hen weekend to be going on, she found some energy from somewhere and was probably organising it before you could say Malibu and Coke. I'm sure some of you reading this will know what I mean.
Here's a some photos of her in various places, with friends and family,always having fun.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVELY, I MISS YOU EVERY SINGLE DAY, LOVE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH AND BACK.
You might have noticed I've added a couple of things to the blog:-
A fundraising thermometer which shows just how much you lovely people have helped us raise for Cystic Fibrosis. Thought it would be nice for you to see that.
A link to the CF website,
More importantly though, a link to the donor registration site where you can sign up in seconds to donate your organs. They're no good to you when you can no longer use them so why not give someone else another chance of life. After being in the position of seeing Rebecca's only hope of life being a lung transplant, we know what it's like to feel that desperation. It didn't work out for Rebecca but there are a lot of young people with CF who are eligible for a transplant and without donors, they'll never get that chance to breathe normally and live life again.
I have also got a challenge for 2016 sorted out.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAAahUKEwid_fqos4HJAhUFYw8KHTyBBtE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fleeds.triathlon.org%2F&usg=AFQjCNEOcdFG84tgd3xTaWkcOJpjyIrBUQ&sig2=5m7rMnEfDyqydH_JJggPiAOn Sunday 12th June 2016 TEAM BECCI will be taking part in a Triathlon at Roundhay Park Leeds.
I am joined for this challenge by my long time fundraising partner Maggie Jewitt who only ever says no when there's heights involved, she's a star. I'm also joined by Rachel Edwards (Storey) who has known Rebecca since they were little and mine and Rebecca's friends from work, Emma McMichael, Clare Merrick and Paula Craven.
Thank you all for taking up the challenge and I hope you realise Rebecca will be there with us but more than likely sitting on someone's shoulder, why swim/cycle/run when you can cadge a lift. :)
Of course there will be a just giving site and sponsor forms eventually so watch out for those.
I've managed to keep busy with important work, i.e. registering TEAM BECCI for our 2016 CHALLENGE so today hasn't been too bad.
As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Tara for now
Sue x


No comments:
Post a Comment