Friday, 8 November 2013

Thankful but very sad

Well today would have been Rebecca's 32nd birthday and this is the 5th one I've spent without her.
This morning I walked Jess and cried all the way round on our walk even when I was out of the fields and back on the pavements. If anyone saw me god knows what they would have thought but I don't care really, I needed to do it. I miss Bec every single day with every single fibre of my being but these special days are the worst. Her birthday was something she enjoyed so much and I enjoyed it because she did, she loved getting cards and presents especially surprises and they didn't have to be big things either, she got as much pleasure whether they were big or small. She used to get as much pleasure out of giving presents as well as receiving them. Oh yes we spoilt her, we definitely did, but she was never a brat and always appreciated what she was given.
Although I am in a bit of a state I am also very thankful that I can write these things because even though she's no longer with me I did have her for 27 years 7months 2 days and that keeps me going. I have my memories that I can draw on and other people's memories and although some days the memories work against me by upsetting me terribly and make me want her back with me, I will always have them and I along with everyone else can remember her.
She was a very special young lady ( I use the term lady very loosely, those of you who knew her will understand that) and I love her and miss her and although I cope mostly, these special dates aren't getting any easier.

But on a more positive note I would like to ask if anyone who knew her would like to share your memories of her with me and let me include it on Rebecca's page as a tribute to her.
I've got the following one from Jill, her aunty and best friend and it's fitting hers is the first to be included.
Jill says" First time I took her out we started at Rising Sun with girls from work. She drank everything anyone left on the table and every time someone went to the bar and had a different drink she asked to try it to see which drink she liked best. I created a party animal that night."
I hope you'll be able to share some memories and I'll include photos as well if you can send them to me. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment