1/12/2013
Feeling stronger
The last time I posted was Rebecca's birthday and to say I wasn't good is an understatement but fortunately since then I've picked up and am writing this in a stronger state of mind. Hopefully, this will get me through the next few weeks and this Christmas I'll be better than last.
I've few things to say so please read on:-
Raffle tickets for Becci's Christmas raffle are going well and a big thank you to everyone whose come on board and helped out to sell them. A massive thank you to my Mum for giving us some dosh towards buying the star prize, an Apple iPad and also to Pau's Mum for donating one of the other eleven prizes.
I've updated the page about living with CF and I'd appreciate it if you would read what I've said because it's about how CF affects the body other than the lungs and gut. It's something I need to push because I don't think the general public is aware of what a devastating illness this is and how horrible it is to live with. Another aspect is the emotions young people like Rebecca must go through living with the knowledge that unless CF is cured, without a lung transplant, your life expectancy is late 30's. This doesn't seem to bad when you're 6 but when you get to 25 late 30's isn't that far away and I know from being a mother to someone with CF, when Rebecca got in to her teens, it prayed on my mind an awful lot even though it maybe didn't show. Plus CF can become very difficult to treat very quickly and in a lot of cases, as with Rebecca, the body doesn't respond as well as it's hoped and the downward spiral begins.
On a brighter note, my lovely niece Lynda is expecting another baby and her due date is 10th June 2014. If the baby is born on Rebecca's anniversary it will give me something nice to think about on that day and I'm sure she'll be pleased about the date as well.
On another brighter note, I've got a challenge for next June. To mark Rebecca's anniversary I've decided to stay on the ground this time and do the Great North Swim - 2 miles in Lake Windermere. It's not booked as yet but it will be by the new year.
If my kid could live with CF I'm sure I can do this, of course I can't do it for nothing so be warned, I'll be around with my sponsor sheet again:)
Don't forget as well, anyone that reads this that knew Rebecca, if you have any memories of her (good or naughty) and you want to share them, please let me know and I'll include them on the page about Rebecca.
As always, thank you for reading and Toodlepip for now. X
No comments:
Post a Comment