23/2/14 Perdido Sin Ti
That means "lost without you" it's something Paul put on my face book page last week whilst I was out.
It is so true for both of us, we are both lost without her. I hope it doesn't sound self pitying, I'm just saying it as it is,but life is empty and lonely now. As much as we try to get on with our existence, everyday has the same never ending quietness. There's no "Mum can you just" or "Dad will you bring", no belly laughs, no chatting, debating or arguing. There's no coughing, medication, Physio or visits to the hospital. (never thought I'd miss hospital appointments). No friends visiting or us going out together for a meal or to see a film. There's just an emptiness that takes some filling and some days are so hard to get through it's a pleasure to go to bed and rid yourself of the day.
I cope most days by filling the hours with whatever I can find but there are some where I just want to curl up and die to get rid of the pain of losing Rebecca because it hurts so much. I feel like that at the minute, tears are never far away but I've been here before and I'll get through it soon but It's not a nice place to be in.
We've lived and dealt with CF which was an enormous strain and we've watched our daughter suffer and be taken by it. But CF hasn't done with us yet, we've now got to try and live the rest of our lives without the most important person in our world and that doesn't get any easier and I don't think it ever will. We are scarred by CF and that's my reason for raising money to help find a cure, no child should have to suffer this horrible incapacitating life shortening illness and no parent should lose a child.
With this in mind please visit the two following links to websites 1) CF Trust to blow up a balloon and show support and 2) my just giving site to donate.
https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/no-party
http://www.justgiving.com/Sue-Marley-MBE1
Fundraising
We are doing a Tombola in Carlton Lanes shopping centre Castleford on Saturday 8th March courtesy of my sister in law Pamela who has organised it all. So if you've got a few minutes and a couple of quid spare, call in and see us.
No date as yet for the cricket match but hopefully this will change soon.
My swimming training is coming along brilliantly. I've been swimming twice a week with my niece Brogan and friend Maggie. Me and Brogan did 2 miles last Thursday and I would imagine I'll be doing the 2 miles with Maggie shortly. I'm sure I'm getting webbing between my toes and my skin is becoming scaly, as long as I don't get bulging eyes I'm sure I'll be fine.:)
I've had my first assignment as a media volunteer which I'll be working on over the next few weeks so something else to keep me occupied. I'll let you know how I go on with this and will update as soon as we get a date for the cricket match.
Cheery bye for now and thank you for taking the time to read.
Sue xx
No comments:
Post a Comment